Every now and then when I go on a grocery run I like to buy at least one new item I’ve never had. This has allowed me to try different things that I would never have on a regular since I can literally eat the same thing every day. This week new item is maple butter!
I was pretty excited for this maple butter since my latest new thing is fresh roasted honey peanut butter. Unfortunately, this maple butter was not maple flavored peanut butter like I thought. Maple butter is basically maple syrup boiled to a butter/cream consistency. This can be used in the various way you would use butter, honey, and even maple syrup. With the ingredients I had on hand, I made a quick no-cook snack that hits the sweet tooth spot but in theory is also good for you. Check out the recipe below:
Peanut Butter stuffed Dates with Dark Chocolate and Maple Butter
- 12 Dates
- 1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- 1 oz of Dark Chocolate
- Few teaspoons of Maple Butter
- Sea Salt (Optional)
- Slice the date in the middle, while keeping the dates intact.
- Fill the date with a teaspoon of peanut butter. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife or grater slice the chocolate thinly.
- Drizzle the maple butter on top of each date.
- Serve and Enjoy!