Growing up I remember my mother buying avocados to go along with our breakfast, lunch or dinner for the week. I wasn’t really a fan of avocados but I wasn’t totally against it. I would eat avocado in the occasional guacamole or on the side paired with rice and bean like most people do. It wasn’t until I transitioned to being a pescatarian that I noticed that avocados was something to be treasured. I ate it on a daily, especially during lunch since it gave me a satiating feeling . Which is what we all look for when we start to transition from eating protein found in meats to eating mostly vegetables. I started adding it to everything, from smoothies and salads but when I discovered avocado toast I fell in love. It’s so simple to make, so easy to tweak to your liking and so cheap for those on a budget. Whats not to love about that ! Check out my recipe below:
- 1 slice of a toasted seedy multi grain bread
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- Red Pepper Flakes(optional)
Avocado Toast with Tomatoes and Basil
- Top with diced Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Basil.
Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Top with Goat Cheese crumbles and Sun-dried Tomatoes.
Avocado Toast with Red pepper flakes and Parmesan Cheese
- Sprinkle Red pepper flakes and Parmesan Cheese to your liking.
Avocado Toast with Eggs
- Top with a hard boiled egg (diced) or scrambled eggs to your liking.
Avocado Toast and Sauteed Spinach and Peppers
- In a medium saute pan heat olive oil and saute some garlic and peppers over medium heat for about 2 minute. Add the spinach, salt and red pepper flakes cook it for 2-4 minutes.