Weeknight meals are meant to be super easy so that you can have the rest of the night to enjoy yourself. So on those random days I actually do cook dinner, the meal is usually a bowl that consist of veggies, protein and carbs. The carbs is usually rice but since the latest quinoa craze, I’ve been switching it up. This Cajun Shrimp and Kale -Quinoa Bowl is super easy, tasty and comes together in no time so that you can enjoy your weeknights.
For this recipe and for any recipe I make that consist of quinoa , I love cooking the quinoa in my rice cooker because it makes it nice and fluffy. I simply follow the direction on the package and let it do its thing. I usually cook quinoa in broth instead of water but for this recipe I decided to season the water with turmeric, paprika, and no salt seasoning. This gives the quinoa a little flavor and a nice golden color thanks to the turmeric. The seasoned quinoa pairs well with just about any protein whether it’s extra veggies, tofu, or salmon.
Are you a seafood lover? Sitka Salmon Shares delivers individually portioned, blast-frozen, and vacuum sealed fish delivered to your door. Save $25 dollars on your first box using my discount code: ForksFish.
Check out the recipe below:
Cajun Shrimp and Kale-Quinoa Bowl
- 15 wild caught shrimp
- ½ of an onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced
- ½ of an organic bell pepper (diced)
- 4 handful of organic kale chopped
- 1½ cup 1 1/2 cup of organic white quinoa
- Red pepper flakes
- 1½ tsp 1 tbs Turmeric
- 1½ tsp 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tbsp No salt seasoning
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar
- Cajun seafood seasoning
- Peel and deveined the shrimps. Marinate the shrimps in lemon juice, white wine vinegar and a Cajun seafood seasoning of your choice. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large pot bring some water to a boil. Season with some salt, no salt seasoning, turmeric and paprika. Add the quinoa and cook as directed on your package of quinoa.
- In a hot skillet pan pour in a little olive oil , add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan. Saute the onions, garlic and peppers until their caramelized. Add chopped kale and saute. Add the shrimps and red pepper flakes.
- On low to medium heat, transfer the quinoa to the skillet and combine. Serve while still hot. Serves about 4.