Last year I made a No-Churn Cookies and Cream Ice cream that was pretty much amazing. But this summer I’m making Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Ice cream! There are a few more ingredients in this recipe compare to the last one but its so worth it. This ice cream is literally an Almond Joy in ice cream form.
Creamy, coco-nutty and rich are just a few words to describe the ice cream. But what I really love about it, Is that there’s no wrong way to make this. Once your mixture is fully mixed and poured, all it needs to do is sit in the freezer. And If you find your ice cream forming crystals, stir every 30 minutes until you get the desired texture. For a vegan-friendly version omit the heavy cream and condensed milk, and use only the coconut cream. The key is refrigerating the coconut cream overnight.
After a few hours, I gathered my family and threw a mini ice cream party. I served up the ice cream in an adorable Le Creuset ice bowl that was pre-chilled in the freezer for about 10 minutes. So it kept the ice cream cold and slow to melt which was great since there’s no binders or stabilizers in this ice cream (based on products I used). But none-the-less, my ice cream was a big hit! They loved the richness of the coconut and the toasted flavors, but most of all they couldn’t believe it was home-made!
The party doesn’t stop there though! In honor of National Ice-Cream month, I teamed up with Le Creuset for a summer giveaway. One lucky winner will be able to win 4 Le Creuset ice cream bowls ($84 value) courtesy of Le Creuset. To enter you must be following all of Forksandstraws.com social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Subscribed to the blog and leave a comment under this post. The winner will be announced on August 1st. Giveaway ends July 30th, 2017.
Check out the recipe below:
No-Churn Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cans Organic Coconut Cream (I used Trader Joes)
- 1 can Organic Condensed Milk
- 1 pint Organic Heavy Cream
- ⅓ cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (Optional, If you don't mind the color change )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Coconut Chips (optional)
- ⅓ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Raw Almonds
- ¼ Honey (optional)
- Dash of salt (optional)
- Heat almonds and coconut chips in a dry skillet over medium heat until the Coconut Chips are golden brown and the almonds give off a rich toasty fragrance.
- Pour the almonds and coconut chips into a bowl and let cool.
- Once cool to the touch chop the almonds and coconut chips with a knife or pulse with a food processor. Chop the chocolate chips if needed.
- Pour the chopped almonds and coconut chips into a bowl, add the chocolate chips. Pour the honey and add the salt. Mix till thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whip the heavy cream until peaks form. Add the coconut cream and blend.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut palm sugar, blend till combined.
- With a spoon fold in the mix-in, leaving a portion for topping.
- Pour into a container, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining topping and serve.