I don’t know how the weather is around your part of the world, but down here in South Florida its pretty much summer already. With just a few more weeks till we are in the actual summer season, I can already predict it’s going to be a hot summer. In order to keep cool in the sweltering heat ice cold drinks and treats are necessary. So this past weekend I attempted to make some No-Churn Ice cream. The great thing about No-Churn Ice cream is that there’s no need for eggs, a double boiler or even an ice cream maker. Condensed milk and heavy cream along with a hand mixer (or strong arms to whisk) is all you need to make a simple ice cream base. From there you can pretty much add any mix-in you want from chocolate, nuts to fruits. The possibilities are endless! Check out the recipe below:
Cookies & Cream No-Churn Ice Cream
- 1 pint Organic Heavy Cream
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
- Oreo Cookies
- A dash of Vanilla Extract (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream till it starts to make soft peak and have the look of whip cream (about 3 minutes).
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Blend until fully incorporated into the whipped cream (about 1 minute).
- With a spoon or spatula fold in the cookies.
- Pour into a container.
- Cover and freeze for about 5 hours.