I’ve been looking to make my meals more cost effective and less processed. So lately, I’ve been focusing on cheap ingredient and seeing how many ways I can use it. My ingredient of choice to do this project is Oatmeal. I’ve had oatmeal in many forms but there were two forms that were my favorite and made the best meal prep breakfasts. I’m all about saving money but when it saves money and cuts down on time in the kitchen, I’m all for it! First up: Coconut Vanilla Almond Granola Parfait.
What’s great about this recipe is that a majority of the ingredient can be bought in the bulk section of your favorite grocery store. So based on what you already have on hand in your pantry, it can literally cost close to nothing to make. For me, I spent about 6 dollars to create this batch and it made about 14 servings. With enough leftovers to make another batch. I made this granola with the sole purpose to be a crunchy topping to my yogurt, but this can definitely be eaten as a granola cereal. Check out the recipe below:
Coconut Vanilla Almond Granola Parfait
- 4 cups raw rolled oat
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or your favorite sweetener
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 strawberries diced
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, almonds, pecans and coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl mix the coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut extra, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir till evenly mixed, pour over the dry mixture. Combine evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small cup, add a layer of yogurt, then add a layer of granola, add a few strawberries and continue until the cup is filled.
- Serve immediately.