Summer is officially over! And to commemorate the start of Fall my sister and I threw a backyard summer picnic. I’ve been wanting to do a picnic for some time now but Florida’s weather is very unpredictable. The weather was said to be a rain fest all weekend so when the sun held up for a few hours we prepped for a mini-picnic in less than 30 minutes. It was my first attempt at making a Cheese and Fruit Charcuterie board but it won’t be my last. It was the star of the show and it received raved reviews from everyone. Somehow everything on the board went seamlessly together, no matter how you paired it. There was no rhyme or reason to the selection other than that these were the fruits and veggies that I had on hand. We finished off the menu with a tray of my spicy tuna sandwiches, a spinach rendition of a Caesar salad, wings, coconut cake, and a signature cocktail. The sun held up all through the evening and we sat out eating and chatting till dusk. It was definitely a picnic to remember and I can’t think of a better way to end summer. Check out the recipe below:
Cheese and Fruit Charcuterie board
- ½ block White Cheddar Cheese or your preference (cubed)
- ½ of a medium cucumber (sliced)
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 peach (diced)
- 1 cup pretzels
- ½ pack Mini French bread
- 1 8oz tub of whipped cream cheese
- Wash the raspberries, blueberries, cucumber, and peach. Pat dry and set aside.
- Slice the cucumbers and dice the peach and cheese into bite-sized pieces.
- Plate the fruits, cucumber, toast and pretzels in a circular shape. Place the cream cheese tub in the center of the plate.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.