If you’ve been following me on Instagram or my Forksandstraws Youtube Channel you may have realized chickpeas are on heavy rotation in my world. Just about every week I’m roasting a batch of chickpeas because there are just that good! This week I made Lemon Pepper Chickpeas to go along with my version of a vegetarian Cobb salad and I just had to share the recipe. They are so easy to make and personally I believe they are best when made with dried chickpeas but boxed or canned will work too. Granted dried chickpeas have a soaking and boiling process that boxed don’t but I love to add aromatics to the boiling water like fresh garlic, celery, crushed black pepper, and salt for added flavor. Once it’s cooled and dried season them up to your heart content and roast them. Add them to a salad with your favorite vinaigrette and that my friends is what I call perfection!
Check out the recipe below:
Lemon Pepper Chickpea Vegetarian Cobb Salad
Lemon Pepper ChickPeas
- 1 lb Chickpeas boiled, drained and dried
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper seasoned to your liking
- 1 tbsp Paprika seasoned to your liking
- 2 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning seasoned to your liking
- 2 tbsp No Salt Seasoning seasoned to your liking
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper flakes seasoned to your liking
- 1 tbsp Onion Salt seasoned to your liking
- 1 Lemon juiced
Vegetarian Cobb Salad
- 1 cup Lemon Pepper Chickpeas
- 1 cup Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Avocado (pitted and sliced)
- 3 tbsp Feta Cheese
- 2 cups Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch (Or your favorite mixed greens)
- 1 tsp Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup Your favorite Vinaigrette Dressing
Lemon Pepper Chickpea
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Lay the chickpeas on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Season the chickpeas with the salt, paprika, lemon pepper seasoning, no salt seasoning, Onion salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to your liking.
- Add olive oil to the seasoned chickpeas and make sure to evenly coat each chickpea. Spread the chickpeas out on the pan and bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool before adding to the salad.
Vegetarian Cobb Salad
- Wash the tomatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves and carefully remove the pit of the avocado and slice the avocado.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of TraderJoe's Cruciferous Crunch blend. Top with the Lemon Pepper Chickpeas, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado. Sprinkle Trader Joes' Everything but the Bagel Seasoning over the Avocado.
- Add your favorite vinaigrette on the side and serve.