Back in November when I mentioned to my mom that I would make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, She held me to it. The only problem was that I had to bring my pescatarian contribution to the dinner or risk not having an alternative dish, so I forgoed the cheesecake and made a seafood dish. Every week since then my mom has reminded me of the cheesecake. So this week while on vacation, I decided it was time to finally make this cheesecake.
Since I was on vacation, I wanted to make things quick and easy. So I nixed the pumpkin idea and went the no-bake route. It literally took me about 20 minutes to make and all you need is a few ingredients and 4- 8hours of chill time. I topped it off with some Cranberry Pistachio Walnut trail mix which gave it the perfect mixture of sweet or salty and voila: No-Bake Ice cream- Cheesecake!
You might be thinking Ice cream Cheesecake? But it’s literally what this cheesecake tastes like. The perfect combo of vanilla ice cream and cheesecake. If you’re curious like I was to see if this cheesecake would melt after a few hours. The answer is, NO!! The cheesecake soften a bit giving it a nice creamy consistency but it doesn’t lose its shape or melt
This recipe is definitely a must try, and it’s perfect for the upcoming holidays. I hope that you and your loved ones enjoy this as much as mines did. Happy Holidays!
Check out the recipe below:
No-Bake Ice Cream Cheesecake
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 packs of honey graham crackers
- 2 8oz packs of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 carton of heavy cream
- a few splashes of vanilla extract
- splash of orange juice
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of rum or any liquor of your choice (optional)
- Cranberry Pistachio Walnut trail mix blend (optional)
- With a food processor or with a medium sized zip-lock bag and a rolling pin, crush the graham crackers to crumbs.
- Melt the stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter and use a fork to combine ingredients well.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into a lightly buttered springform pan. Place in the freezer while you blend the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, Mix the cream cheese condensed milk, and heavy cream till thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, rum, orange juice and lemon zest, blend till combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 4 to 8 hrs.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and let sit for 5 minutes, and try to remove the cake slowly.
- If the cake doesn’t release, Dip a knife in hot water and go along the side of cake to separate from the pan and try again.
- Top with fruits, nuts or sauce of your liking.
- Store in fridge when done.