As an avid tea drinker I love matcha and how easy it is to use in recipes aside from the traditional use. I personally prefer drinking matcha the traditional way ,but smoothies are a close second. But when I got my hands on a bottle of ceremonial grade matcha, I wanted to switch things up and make a batch of No-Churn Matcha Ice cream.
I’ve been on an all things coconut trend lately so I decided to make the ice cream with coconut milk. My sweetener of choice was condensed milk but this can easily be swapped for a vegan sweetener of your choice. If you’re a tea lover like myself, 3 tablespoons is the perfect amount of Matcha. If you’re not start off with 1 tablespoon and add gradually to your liking. I topped my ice cream with crushed pistachios but the possibilities are endless.
Check out the recipe below and also enter to win a care package from Pure Synergy which will contain a bottle of their Matcha Power, Berry Power, and Beet Juice Powder. All you have to do is make sure you’re are following Forks and Straws Instagram and Pure Synergy Instagram, and tag 2 friends under Forks and Straws Instagram post for this recipe.Contest begins Monday,Feburuary 18,2019 and ends Friday, February 22, 2019. Winner will be announced Saturday, February 23, 2019.
No Churn Matcha Ice Cream
- 3 Matcha
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- pinch salt
- splash Vanilla
- Place the coconut milk in the freezer. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a chilled medium-sized bowl, scoop out the thickened coconut milk and leave the liquid. Whip for 30 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk, whip for about one minute.
- Add the matcha and whip till combined.
- Pour into a container, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with chopped pistachios and serve.